? ??????????????Queen of Hearts? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (6 Ratings)??50 Grabs Today. 8205 Total Grabs
. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Exploded Hearts? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.7 (9 Ratings)??41 Grabs Today. 7109 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy Install Instr BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Something new

When I first started this blog it was to help me share pictures, videos and memories of my kidos with family and friends. None of that is changing but I am also going to start sharing something new.

Now 2 months after having Matthew I am still stuck with some extra (normal but still unwanted) baby weight. I know it will come off in time but it wasn't super easy with Macy and so far seems to be much harder with Matthew (2 years closer to 30 so I'm guessing something with my wonderful metabolism...great...). Anyway I really do enjoy eating healthy, not only because I (well, really WE...married to a strength coach really helps too) believe that it also instills healthy eating habits in our kids and helps us stay healthy and happy. I know with exercising and eating right it will come off...just not over night. Sometimes I think we all know what to eat and the things that are good for us and the things we should avoid...but I am one of those people who if I start studying nutrition and seriously thinking about what I'm fueling my body with I don't even want the unhealthy stuff.

Don't get me wrong I am not saying that I don't love my body b/c after having kids what woman can't say that their body is a miraculous thing! It is just I don't like not fitting into my clothes...and I'm too cheap to go out and buy a new wardrobe! So for now, until I can loose this extra 20lbs I'm just squeezing into whatever I can and using the wonderful Belly Band that I had with I first got pregnant with Macy! Gotta love that thing!

So in addition to updates on the kids I thought I would start sharing some yummy and healthy recipes as well as some interesting nutrition tips that I find along the way.

To start off here are two great recipes that I've found.

The first is for Mac n Cheese with yellow squash in it. I copied it off another website and that link is: http://www.oprah.com/recipe/food/recipespasta/pkgjessicaseinfeldsdeceptivelydelicious. It is WONDERFUL...and if you make it with low fat cheese and whole grain pasta it is a great meal all in one! Super easy! I have even heard of making the sauce ahead of time and freezing it so all you have to do when you want it is thaw and make the pasta. Macy really loves this too!

The second is for hummus...I know what your thinking...hummus??? YES hummus!! I copied this from another blog:

It is great with wheat thins as an appetizer or served on whole wheat tortillas as a meal! It is low fat and packed with tons of protein and super easy to make in a hurry heading out the door! We have even taken it for lunch to the park b/c it doesn't need refrigeration and is a great alternative to PB and Jelly sandwiches. I can't wait for Matthew's belly to develop a little more b/c last time I tried this it didn't agree with him.

I think Sally Fields says it best in her Osteoporosis TV ad...she says something like "We are only given this one body and I'm going to take care of it the best I can." Great words to remember!

So there it is...hopefully the first of many postings on healthy living!

0 comments: