? ??????????????Queen of Hearts? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (6 Ratings)??50 Grabs Today. 8205 Total Grabs
. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Exploded Hearts? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.7 (9 Ratings)??41 Grabs Today. 7109 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy Install Instr BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The faith of a child

On our way home from Bible Study today Macy asked me..."Mom, where is Jesus?"

Humm...how am I going to answer this one? Where is her daddy...he always comes up with something quick and clever when she asks this sort of stuff.

So I said "He is in heaven"...it was really quiet back there...so then I added...."Waay up in the sky".

That seemed to help for a moment but then she asked as she was looking out the window "But I don't seem him...where is him (still working on grammar here)...where is Jesus Mommy?"

I should have gone into all the ways Jesus is around us...like how he made the flowers and the sun and the clouds and how he made us...but I wasn't thinking at the time and I wasn't sure if that would confuse her or not. So I just said it again..."He is up there....really high in the sky...really he is!"

And that was it....she didn't ask any more questions about Jesus. Sometimes I wish I had that precious faith of a child...so innocent and sweet and trusting.

Some day she will be like me- all grown up and have experienced just enough of life to question certain things. But I hope that she will be strong enough in her faith that she will again be able to just accept things and trust that Jesus is always there (even when you can't see Him).

Maybe it will take her daughter to remind her of that too!

0 comments: