? ??????????????Queen of Hearts? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (6 Ratings)??50 Grabs Today. 8205 Total Grabs
. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Exploded Hearts? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.7 (9 Ratings)??41 Grabs Today. 7109 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy Install Instr BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Major Accomplishments


So the day before we left to make a fast trip back to Missouri Macy decided that she wanted to start wearing big girl panties and not diapers! I was thrilled, shocked, and worried how all of this was going to fit into our travel plans. But it went very well- we just brought her potty chair with us, lots of little girl panties, and made sure she had on a diaper in the car (we weren't that crazy)!! She did great at my parent's house and even went potty in a public bathroom! Now that we have been home she is doing even better, I think only 1 accident in the last week and that was a #2!


Macy seems to do better when we let her do things "All by myself"...don't know where she learned that phrase but it is now a daily reminder we have a 2 year old! She does the whole potty process literally all by herself...which is much easier on this pregnant mamma since Macy seems to think she has to be 1/2 dressed while going potty...every single time!


So I have 2 questions for other mommy's out there who are going through this or who have been down this road before....

1. How do you get them to go #2 in the potty?
2. When do you start letting them go diaper free at bedtime and nap time?


I am totally puzzled by all of this and honestly it is a lot more work than diapers! But I can say that the thought of the diaper savings (at least for a few months) is really exciting me!!!

2 comments:

Jess said...

I don't know exactly what you are doing about the #2. Is Macy asking for a diaper? One time Dakoda didn't ask soon enough and ended up going in her underwear and that was the end of diapers for #2.
Does she stay dry all night or during her naps?
If she is then she may be ready.
I just made sure Dakoda went potty before bed and before her naps.
She still has occasional accidents, but that's when I forget to tell her to go before bedtime.
This is so awesome!! Macy is doing great.
I don't know if you've thought about this, but a couple of months before my babies got here I would stock up on their diapers.

Angela said...

I had a boy first so it may be different...Frank did not master #2 for a LONG time. I cleaned out more poopy underwear than I care to remember. We weren't successful until 3.5 when he just decided the toilet was better than his underwear.
Even though he mostly stays dry, I still put him in a pull up at night.
Now Phoebe...she's two in ten days and pooped in the potty once a week ago. BUT I think it's because I caught her pooping in the bathtub and quickly put her on the toilet. Luckily she wasn't freaked out and finished. But that was luck.
Long reply for no real answer.