? ??????????????Queen of Hearts? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (6 Ratings)??50 Grabs Today. 8205 Total Grabs
. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Exploded Hearts? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.7 (9 Ratings)??41 Grabs Today. 7109 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy Install Instr BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Baby Update

Well, it turns out that I am having a small toddler rather than a baby!

I had my 34 week Dr's appointment today with an ultrasound to check on this little guy's growth....they were shocked to see that he is already weighing in at 7lbs 12 oz!!! His size is off the charts and I am also carrying a lots and lots of amnionic fluid- which now explains why I get asked if I'm having twins about once a week! :) He also has a large head and with the trouble I had delivering Macy at 8lbs 9oz they are giving me two options:

1. Have a scheduled C-Section close to 39/40 weeks or
2. Have an amniocentesis done at 37 weeks, and if it shows that the lungs are developed then they will induce me a few days later. It still may lead to a C-Section but at least we tried

My next appointment is the 11th (one day before Mark and I's 5th wedding anniversary!) and they will check to see if I have started dilating then. I will have another appointment the 18th and then my amniocentesis done on the 22nd. If the lungs show that they are developed then we will be induced sometime that week!

Dr also mentioned to me that with the size of the baby and the amount of amnionic fluid that I may go into labor on my own in the next few weeks. Lots and lots to take away from this appointment and although it answered (or at least confirmed) some of my fears and questions it still leaves so much up in the air.

Please keep us all in your prayers that no matter what happens that we have a healthy baby boy to hold when this is all over with! He sure is a cutie- I will try and video some of the pictures and post them on here later! He looks nothing like Macy did in my 3D ultrasounds I had with her- so maybe he will look more like his mommy....I know with his size he sure is taking after the Obermann side!

0 comments: